In the recent decade, the usage of cannabis and cannabis-derived products has gradually and rapidly increased. CBD, or cannabidiol, is an oil derived from the cannabis (marijuana) or hemp (a cannabis cousin) plants. CBD oil India appears to be rather safe and well-tolerated by the majority of people. In this post, we will examine medical problems where CBD has already been shown to be beneficial. Secondly, we will also learn what to know before you buy cbd oil in India.
- Seizures: The FDA authorized Epidiolex (a plant-based CBD formulation) in June 2018 to treat seizures in people 2 years and older with Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS), two uncommon forms of epilepsy. CBD has also been studied for its potential use in various types of treatment-resistant epilepsy, usually in conjunction with traditional epilepsy drugs. The results varied, but several trials found that CBD reduced seizure frequency in most persons by around 44%. By now, it is seen that CBD is useful in the treatment of certain kinds of epilepsy.
- Pain: CBD has anti-inflammatory properties in animals and works on the endocannabinoid and pain-sensing systems to reduce pain. Unfortunately, there are few human trials evaluating the use of CBD as a single agent to reduce pain, with the majority of research combining CBD and THC to relieve pain. CBD has been proven in animal tests to have a favourable effect on serotonin levels in the brain. Serotonin deficiency is hypothesized to play a function in both mood and pain. Other studies (both animal and human) have demonstrated that CBD has anti-inflammatory properties and that it may reduce pain through this method.
- Rheumatism: Animal research has shown that topical CBD oil India treatments reduce arthritic pain and inflammation with few negative effects.
- Anxiety: In 57 healthy guys who performed a simulated public speaking test, pretreatment with 300mg CBD dramatically reduced anxiety. However, dosages of 150mg and 600mg CBD had no effect on the men’s anxiety levels. An observational study of 21 patients out of 400 with anxiety found that CBD had beneficial effects on anxiety. Anxiety levels fell in a large case series of 72 patients, with 57 (79.2%) reporting lower levels during the first month of CBD treatment. CBD may reduce anxiety before activities such as public speaking, however, the appropriate amount is unknown.
- Suicidal ideation: Animal studies have revealed that CBD has an anti-depressant effect, which may be related to its substantial anti-stress effect. CBD has been proven in animal tests to have a favourable effect on serotonin levels in the brain and serotonin. Serotonin deficiency is hypothesized to play a function in both mood and pain. CBD may assist with depression, but further research is needed.
- Sleep problems: CBD improved sleep in 31% of individuals using it for other diseases such as anxiety or non-cancer pain. In a large case study of 72 patients, 48 (66.7%) reported an improvement in sleep ratings within the first month, however, these varied with time. Other trials with 300 mg of CBD in persons suffering from anxiety or depression revealed that CBD appeared to sustain sleep architecture, implying that it was unlikely to have any negative impacts on sleep quality. In the end, it is seen that CBD does not appear to disrupt sleep and may actually help people sleep better.
- Acne: A laboratory study discovered that CBD stopped human sebocytes from producing excessive sebum while also acting as an anti-inflammatory agent, inhibiting inflammatory cytokines from activating. Because acne is characterized by excessive sebum and inflammation, topical CBD may be an effective treatment for acne and may prevent or minimize future breakouts.
- Parkinson’s disease: Several minor studies have looked into utilizing CBD to treat Parkinson’s disease symptoms, with largely positive outcomes. Most trials found no differences in movement-related outcomes between groups; however, groups treated with CBD 300 mg/day had significantly increased well-being and quality of life as judged by Parkinson’s Disease. CBD has the potential to improve the quality of life of persons with Parkinson’s disease, but larger trials are needed.
- Vomiting and nausea: Most research looking into whether CBD can help with nausea or vomiting have employed a mixture of CBD and THC rather than simply CBD alone. According to a 2016 study, the combination is either more effective or as effective as a placebo. According to newer research, THC is more effective than CBD at reducing nausea and vomiting.
What to know before you buy CBD oil?
Contrast the actual studies with the claims made about CBD: CBD has grown in popularity in recent years due to a flow of research, anecdotal evidence, and word-of-mouth phenomenon indicating that it may be helpful—the important word here being “may”—in treating a variety of health ailments.
Find a doctor who is familiar with cannabidiol and can monitor dosage and drug interactions: CBD is still in its early stages, despite the fact that it is derived from a plant. That means that using it can have negative consequences, some of which we may not even be aware of. If you wish to use CBD for its potential benefits, it’s critical to find a doctor who can lead you through the process safely. Hempstrol is one such brand that provides online medical consultation and can connect you with experts who are well-versed with cannabis.
It is recommended not to mix medication and CBD oil: The most serious safety worry regarding CBD, according to experts, is how it may mix with other drugs. CBD is metabolized in the body by the same enzyme that metabolizes many other medications. CBD may interfere with how the body processes and uses other medications, leading them to be metabolized too slowly or too quickly. Either option is undesirable. Patients need to be aware if they are on other medications, and of course talk to their doctor before taking CBD.
Learn about the various types of CBD products available: There appears to be no shortage of ways to apply CBD, whether externally or inside. Body lotions, oils, and balms can be purchased to apply to your muscles and joints. You can also purchase capsules pills, and oils to take orally. Fat helps our bodies absorb CBD more readily. If there’s no fat consumed before or at the same time as CBD, so much of it is going to be wasted.
CBD oil is supposed to be put under the tongue and absorbed directly into the bloodstream. It is usually the most potent and acts the fastest. CBD capsules which must first pass through the digestive system, will normally take longer to operate, and the quantity of CBD that actually enters your system will likely be reduced.
Do ask the brand if a product has a certificate of analysis, or COA: A COA basically says that the product was examined and analyzed, and it confirms what is within.
Read the fine print before you buy any CBD from any brand: The brand should disclose a lot of information on where the CBD came from and how it was extracted. Check to see if they have lab findings and, if so, contact the company to get them. Websites with little transparency are a major red flag.
Check to see whether the brand makes any extreme health claims: This is yet another red sign. Always check with your doctor before experimenting with a new CBD product, even if it’s in modest doses. Yes, it is that significant.